Friday, June 15, 2018

Day 6 - Just Hanging Out

So today turned out to be a rest day, at least after the laundry got done. Rode into Gardnerville to take care of that, now back at the lodge and enjoying the a/c in my room and planning my next few days. This will be my route to Bryce Canyon tomorrow.


I edited the Day 5 post to add some photos of our ride yesterday from Sherm's blog, since I didn't have battery for Virginia City. So go back and check those out, he got some really good shots.

I'm mostly packed up and ready for an early departure in the morning. Getting ready to head to dinner with the group one last time.

Update: Back from dinner and socializing in the parking lot, and saying goodbyes. This was a great group, so glad I came out for it. It was a small gathering, and that was just fine. I met a few new people and saw some I've known for almost 20 years.

A few pics of the Topaz Lodge where the rally was held.

Our group made the sign!
.
The lake is really pretty. Not quite Tahoe, but nice in this little valley.

General Store

A little picnic area in front of one of the lodge buildings.

Tesla parking. Well, I guess they'd probably let other electric cars plug in as well.
That's it for Day 6. Ready to get some sleep and let the 5 a.m. sun wake me up. I hope to be on the road pretty early. On to Bryce Canyon and more good riding and relaxing. I'll be there until Monday morning.

G'nite all!

No comments:

Post a Comment