Monday, June 11, 2018

Day 1 - Sunday, 6/10/18 - Jefferson, GA to Wentzville, MO

Long day. Started out with a nice visit with friends Wanda and Mark Hicks in the rehab center in Gainesville, where they are recovering from a bad wreck a couple of months ago. They’re doing well, making progress, and in good spirits.

I rode from Gainesville across to Canton and eventually caught I-75 at Cartersville. I stopped for gas and lunch in Ringgold, then started the always fun ride through Chattanooga. It started raining on the mountain, so I stopped to put on rain gear. The temp dropped quickly to about 70. The ride was uneventful, just a long, hot day. I met Kelly and Craig (my other kids :) ) for dinner just east of St. Louis, then rode through the city so I wouldn’t have to deal with rush hour in the morning. Spending the night in Wentzville, Missouri. I rode about 700 miles today. Time for lights out. Hoping for an early start tomorrow. G’nite all!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot miles, Cheryl! You rocked it on the first day.

    ReplyDelete