Monday, June 11, 2018

Day 2 - Monday, 6/11/18 Wentzville, MO to Kimball, NE

It was a great day for a ride! It started out warm and humid as I rode west on I-70, and by the time I turned north to get to I-80 just before Kansas City, it was full blown hot. The highest temp I saw on the bike was 97 degrees. Yuck! I stopped for lunch at the Dusty Trails Cafe and Steakhouse in Rock Port, MO, and that area was, well, dusty! At that point I put my cool wrap around my neck to keep me cooler and better hydrated. That helped immensely.

An hour or so after lunch, it started clouding up as I traveled west across Nebraska on I-80. I didn't get rained on, but I could see it in the distance. As it cleared up, the air was drier and cooler. The rest of the day was glorious! And I love Nebraska's 75 mph speed limits.

I was trying to make it to Cheyenne, but it was getting cold and I  needed to stop for gas. It just so happened that when I found gas, I found a Super 8 across the street in a wide spot in the road called Kimball, Nebraska. So I called it a day at about 8:45 PM as the sun was going down.

There hasn't been much worth photographing until late this afternoon in western Nebraska. The scenery got real pretty, but unfortunately at that point the sun was right in my eyes, so taking pictures wasn't possible. I'll try to get some tomorrow morning on the way out of here when the sun is behind me.

Tomorrow's ride should be easier and shorter, probably about 500 miles. Looking forward to some pretty country!

Good night all, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard...

2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog! Feels like I'm right there with you! Continued safe travels! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete